Saturday, September 4, 2010

Paintball and Parents Arrive

I realized that I couldn't quite remember how to get to Lucas Grip's house.  Luckily, Johan Persson was nice enough to pick me up.  After a few errands we picked up Henrik Andersson and rendezvoused with Lucas, Uffe Palmbrink, Jonas Grip, Clair Brenneman, Marcus Lundqvist, Tim Eriksson, and Oscar Lindkvist and Lucas's house before heading off to the paintball field.

After about 45 minutes on a 30 minute drive and some critical exploration of the same road due to a failure of attention and slightly muddled directions, Johan, Henrik, and I reached the paintball field where Martin Andrä had joined the rest of the group.  We put on our coveralls and went at it!


We played offense vs. defense the entire time we were there, almost 3 hours.  The offense, of which I was apart, started very strong but as the day wore on, and the defense, anchored (positionally) by Uffe and Jonas, showed its age and dug in, helping them to win more later rounds.  We all got some welts; we all had a great time!

Johan dropped me off at Icelandia in the evening and I got cleaned up.  The plan was for my parents to email me (both my dad and I have Blackberries that work in Europe) when they were on their way to Hässleholm so that I could hook up with them at the train station and help them get settled in and get dinner together.

Sometimes thing's don't go to plan.  Somehow some settings got changed in his phone and my dad wasn't able to send out messages and he couldn't read mine.  We finally got together after I left a message at the desk of the Hotel Statt, where they were staying, and they called my Swedish cell.

We went for a short walk around downtown Hässleholm, to the grocery store to pick up something for dinner since it was pretty late by this time, and then to Icelandia.  We made some plans for the next couple of days and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment