Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day in Icelandia and Dinner at The Grip's

My first morning in Icelandia was a late and lazy one, although it ended up being productive.  I was able to check off a number of things on my To Do list, including email and research on future job possibilities, Skype Emma (a good friend from high school who will be my hostess in Barcelona) and my parents to firm up future travel plans, and go to the grocery store.  While doing this I practiced the Swedish lifestyle as best I could by having coffee and bread for breakfast and then fika in the afternoon, thanks to a delicious brownie I found in the refrigerator that was so carelessly left behind by the Conterases.  I hope George wasn't hoping to have that upon his return to Icelandia after the Camino.

In the evening Johan Persson picked me up and we went to Lucas and Sara Grip's home on the other side of Hässleholm for dinner.  I had been there before for dinner (after the Carlshamn victory) and was more than happy to go back.  Lucas and Sara are great hosts and we enjoyed a delicious pork and vegetable meal followed by berries and cream for dessert.  We then went upstairs to a movie room that has surround sound and a projector that covers and entire wall to watch Solomon Kane.  I had a good time again at their home.

I regret it now, but I should have taken pictures of their house.  I really love the styling and decorating.  I, of course, have very little decorating ability, but I feel like I could really enjoy living in a house like theirs.  It looks like something out of an Ikea catalog, in that everything is very modern looking with square cubbies on shelves, modern light fixtures, et cetera.  Hopefully if there is another time I'm invited I'll not be so embarrassed to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment