Thursday, August 19, 2010

Last Hurricanes Practice


Sean and Adrian stayed home today, so I spent some time with them in the morning.  Wall-E was on when I woke up, so I watched that with (sort of) Adrian.

At about noon, I met the Contreras's at the Hassleholm Golf Club for lunch.  We enjoyed a good meal, highlighted by delicious bread and all you can eat swedish pancakes for dessert.

Later in the afternoon I went over to Icelandia and, before another newspaper interview for George (which can be accessed here), we watched Suddenly in Vinslov, an independent film about some odd citizens living in nearby Vinslov, Sweden.

While we were initially excited to find out that the DVD offered English subtitles, we eagerly shut it off when George's interviewer arrived.

Finally, after our customary fika, it was time for the last practice of the season.  Apparently unable to learn from previous situations, George and I further developed a game and practice plan in hopes that we'd be able to implement it at practice.  We had a record number of Juniors attend (at least while I've been here) with 10, and George and Shawn put together a 5 on 5 scrimmage while I worked with our early arriving senior QB Pär Danielsson.  I was even aided by Rasmus Grip, despite his feverish feelings.


Senior practice was still not well attended, but we had enough to go half-line and get some work done.





On Saturday we face the undefeated Kristianstad Lions.  It is my understanding that they were a dominant team before the break.  However, I saw them play after the break and based on our performance last week, I expect us to play with and beat the now injury and otherwise depleted C4 Lions.  The only things that will prevent us from beating C4, if we fail to do so, will be that guys will fail to execute because they didn't get enough reps due to missing practice or they'll tighten up because C4 is a traditional powerhouse.  I hope we can overcome these two things and play to our ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment