Sunday, August 29, 2010

Quiet Sunday Walk Around Hässleholm

The pace of life hasn't certainly slowed for me here in Sweden.  With the season being over and the Contreras's gone, there seems to be a lot less to do.  On the one hand I'm pretty content to be by myself and relax, read, watch a movie or TV shows (Mad Men is excellent and I've started The Pacific), or catch up with friends/job ideas, but on the other hand I feel a little guilty than I'm in Europe and not spending my time out seeing things.  I'll have to take better advantage of the remainder of my time here, if for no other reason than I'm starting to get a little bored.

To help cure my boredom, today I decided to go for a walk around Hässleholm.  I didn't venture too far, but sort of just enjoyed the beautiful day.


I'm becoming obsessed with the Swedish sky.  I also like its reflection in windows.





I also spent my spare time trying to cook my first legitimate Swedish meal.


Swedish meatballs and pasta with lingonberry sauce and mashed potatoes.  I tried also to make gravy, but, as you know, I can't read Swedish and what looked to me to be a cream colored gravy mix was actually a Chanterelle sauce mix.  It didn't make it out of the pan.

1 comment:

  1. I have since been told that the lingonberry doesn't belong on the pasta, but on the potatoes. In my defense, I had to put something on the pasta, since my attempt at gravy quickly became a non-option, and I wasn't going to go the Pär Danielsson route and put ketchup on my pasta. Also, I did use a little lingonberry on the potatoes, so I guess I wasn't all wrong.

    ReplyDelete