Monday, August 30, 2010

Skype-tastic Monday

No pictures were taken today, but I did have a couple notable experiences:

First, I had to take a trip to the grocery store to pick up a few things, including bread.  Swedish bread is delicious.  I'm not sure why, but I think its just the fact that they still believe in baking bakery style bread loaves instead of manufactured for packing and sandwiches loaves.  I don't know if that made any sense, but I bought a delicious, hearty, soft, wheat bread loaf and proceeded to eat about half of it through the course of today.

Second, I spent a good deal of time organizing travel plans with my parents.  They'll arrive in Copenhagen on Saturday, the three of us will go from Copenhagen to Amsterdam Monday night and stay there until Sunday, September 12.  At that point, my parents will go home and I will continue on to Barcelona where I will stay with Emma Galin-Attleson, who I went to high school with and who has been living in Barcelona for the last two years.  Part of making these arrangements included talking on Skype to both my parents and Emma, as well as using Google Maps to make a custom map of Copenhagen to show my parents some things to do Saturday before they come to Hässleholm to stay for a night and see the area here Saturday evening and Sunday morning.  All in all, a kind of boring, but productive, day in Hässleholm.

1 comment: