Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Practice and Back to the Cordeiro's

After a late start to the day, I finally got myself together and took a little walk to the store for what was really my first ever self prepared meal (outside of cereal or a sandwich) in Sweden.  I picked up a nice frozen pizza and brought it back to Marcus's apartment.  It was pretty good!

I picked up a pastry at Lovet Conditori and enjoyed delicious fika and a coaches meeting at the Contreras's apartment before heading to practice.  The gameplan and corresponding practice plan we came up with for our finale against the undefeated Kristianstad Lions was severely crippled by the practice attendance.... again.  I had to play quarterback during some half-line action, which actually was a pretty good time.  I hadn't put on a helmet in about four years, and it felt a lot better than I thought it was going to.

After practice Shawn brought me back to the Cordeiro house where I'll be staying until I replace the Contreras's at Icelandia when Laurie leaves and George embarks on the Camino de Santiago on August 25th.  Again, I've been extremely lucky to have been welcomed so warmly everywhere I've stayed and, in this case, even allowed to come back to the Cordeiro's beautiful and hospitable home.

No comments:

Post a Comment